The cast-in heating plates and heating bands consist of one or several electrical resistances embedded in a block of aluminum providing excellent thermal conductivity.
Cast-in heating elements are ideal for applications requiring homogeneous indirect heat.
Cast-in heaters are often used in plastics industry, packaging industry, food industry and many others.
Usual applications: heating plates for presses, extruder dies and sheaths, heating plates for homogeneous heating (rubber, aerated concrete curing), sealing on packaging lines, mills.
1. Indirect heating
2. Block of Aluminum
3. Process temperature up to +400°C (aluminium)
4. Max Watt density 4.5 w/cm² on the heating element
5. Weight: 0.000003kg/mm^3
6. Can be equipped with cooling circuits to optimize the industrial process
1. Gravity moulding ensures an excellent material homogeneity and thus a perfect heat transfer.
2. Constant surface temperature is achieved through appropriate forming.
3. As this is indirect heating, the heating resistance is protected. The solid or fluid to be heated is not in contact with the resistance.
4. High protection against corrosion
5. The end-to-end control of the design and production chain allows us to deliver a product which suits your process perfectly
6. Resistance in severe industrial surroundings (impacts, vibration)
1. Injection and Blow Moulding
3. Moulds & Dies
4. Packaging machinery
5. Medical equipments
6. Thermoforming equipment
The cast-In Iron Heater is manufactured with a different size and shape .This is a high performance heater with effective and uniform heating capacity. The Laiyuan cast-in Heater is a unique heater with high heat resistance, moisture resistance, corrosion resistance and durability, the cast-in heater can be cast into many forms, e.g., cylindrical, semicircular, conical, angular and plate. It is widely used for industrial purposes, including heater of kitchen cooking plate, synthetic resin extruder or molding and processing equipment. It has gained wide popularity in various field and is developing a still wider market
1. Suitable for location where vibration and impact are present because it is strong against mechanical impact.
2. Mounting on various equipmentis simple
3. As the heater is mounted in close contact with heater material according to style of the heater element, its heat conductivity and thermal efficiency are high.
4. Thermal capacity is large and effective temperature control is possible.
5. Block of IRON
6. Process temperature up to +850°C (Iron)
7. Max Watt density 6.0 w/cm² on the heating element
8. Weight: 0.0000079kg/mm^3
Cast-In Brass Heater
As a standard, Cast-In Band/Plate Heaters are manufactured in bronze or brass alloys because this material provides very good thermal conductive properties. For applications requiring higher operating temperatures and/or higher watt densities, bronze or brass alloys can be used.
Maximum Surface Temperature: 1350°F (732°C)
Density (lb/in3): 0.272
Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion (in/in/°F × 10-6): 9 @ 68° – 572°F
Thermal Conductivity (BTU-in/hr-ft2-°F): 437
Material: Yellow Brass
Maximum Surface Temperature: 1200°F (649°C)
Density (lb/in3): 0.304
Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion (in/in/°F × 10-6): 12.2 @68° – 500°F